- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, media and/or working with advertising agencies.
- Experience managing a portfolio in an advertising or media sales context, and demonstrated ability to achieve quotas to drive growth.
- Experience working with advertisers, agencies, and/or clients and influencing C-level stakeholders.
- Knowledge of traditional and online marketing strategy and tactics, product knowledge across all digital advertising products areas.
- Ability to strategically assess and solve client needs via sales techniques, including effective questioning, objection handling, competitive selling.
- Demonstrated ability to build compelling narratives and utilize storytelling as a client engagement strategy.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and high executive functioning within the digital marketing space.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Google Customer Solutions (GCS) Mid-Market Sales team is a critical growth engine for clients in GCS. Through long-term relationship development, we are dedicated to understanding business goals by providing advertising solutions to drive business success.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the “human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Establish credibility with executives and serve as a trusted consultant to optimize and expand their advertising investment.
- Manage a portfolio of businesses by understanding growth drivers, identifying opportunity for growth, managing risks and creating multi-quarter plans for achievement.
- Prioritize and deliver outstanding customer sales experiences to Google’s advertisers.
- Coach peers in the organization proactively to create skill lift that drives client growth and contributes to overall team success.
- Generate business plans by collaborating with specialists, Engineers and Product teams and define business goals, key strategies and success metrics.